Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Learning to App-ly Myself!

Last week I took a mini vacation to Florida and found myself staying with my nephew, Charlie, and his girlfriend, Arielle.  Charlie set me up with two apps for my IPad - Sketchbook Pro and Paper 53..  Oh my gosh!  They have rocked my world!  Having colors and various brushes and pens and endless paper in the tip of my finger is magical!  I've decided to show you the various stages of my leaning how to use the apps - technology never being easy for me.  I feel like I'm getting better with it, though there's a long way to go but I  am almost ready to experiment with some other buttons I haven't used yet.

Little Bunny Foo Foo apologizing to the field mouse was my favorite so far!


A quick sketch over breakfast for Valentines Day.

This was my sketch on the airplane going home, a nod to me and my sisters.  I didn't even finish it because, quite frankly, my older sister in the middle isn't frumpy at all, and my baby sister on the right does not actually have a head the size of a dinner plate!  Still on the learning curve, but I like the lights and shadows of my little sister's top and the pattern on the skirt.

I was practicing doing hair in this one, which is the only thing I really like about it.  Not quite sure why I decided to have her drinking from a bottle, but somewhere in my head I saw her as a mermaid.  I occurred to me that it must be very frustrating trying to drown your sorrows when you live underwater...

This one was from the Paper 53 app.  My first in Florida.  My nephew, Charlie, Arielle and I sat in their back yardwith a glass of wine and a fire in the fire pit and all drew pictures together.  Paper 53 doesn't have alot of bells and whistles like the Sketch program does, but it's perfect for quick and simple journal sketches to be refined later. 


I made my sister, Sandy, email this photo to me of one of her recent paintings.  I just love how creative she is!

Another Sandy painting that I made her send me to share with you all.  Isn't it gorgeous?
 So, as I sit here finishing up this post, I can hear everyone having breakfast.  Charlie and Arielle suprised Sandy with a quick trip up here this weekend and we had the whole family came over last night!  Laura (the non-big headed baby sis) and her husband, John, Laura's son Thomas and his family, Sandy, Charlie, Arielle and my family.  All but Laura and John spent the night.  I am so blessed with such a wonderful group of people and I love that we have these times together.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment