Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Keep on Swimming...

Spring is here and I am just starting to get to the top of my work pile!  Something about the temperature being above 27 degrees just makes me feel happy and motivated to paint!

Coming soon!!

Over the past few weeks, besides my list of ornaments I'm painting, I also have had several opportunities to work for two amazing designers.  One of the projects was to silver leaf two large mirror frames.  I have always thought silver leafing would be easy, and it is, except if you want an even coat over a large object.  I'll post more on this in the next week or two but I finally had to tell the designer that I was not comfortable with my (lack of) technique at this point and didn't want to ruin the frames.  She's working on a Plan B, and I will continue to work on the silver leaf technique for next time!

Another project is a small mural above a kitchen sink.  This one is for another designer.  I have submitted my second drawing to her to show the customer and am waiting to see what she thinks.  It's  a real process to paint something for someone with definite ideas of their own (her customer) - and rather fun too.  The challenge is to ask the right questions to extract what the customer is thinking and then be able to draw it out for them.  I really enjoy this part and learn so much!  I find that many times the customer doesn't want to hurt my feelings and say they don't like my drawing, but I really have no ego about it at all even though I appreciate their concern.  Photos and more on this coming up soon as well.

Yet another project will be painting a hutch that will be delivered next week.  I have a friend who is a handyman that will change out a piece of the hutch to make it less "country" and then I will repaint it.  Can't wait to see what color she wants!

On the home front, I have changed my family room one more time!!  Bob has been travelling and, well, you know me, that means changes!  Once my new couch comes in, I'll take photos....

All exciting learning experiences for me and I love it!  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment