Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Childish Fun!


Sorry my post is so late today..Blogger changed the way I upload photos and I've spent the better part of the morning trying to figure it all out!   Grrrrr!  So here is today's post, have a wonderful Sunday everyone!


I've always loved January.  A new year, the holidays are over and everything is fresh and calm.  I've rolled out my new list of resolutions; be more organized, work out more, take my vitamins and paint every day.  So far the only one I haven't kept up with is to paint every day, but I've always taken the first week in January to rest before I start on my waiting list of ornaments from the holidays - Hmmmm, excuses already Andie? 

Winter is a great time to do projects for and/or with the kids so today I'm going to revisit some of the cute kids furniture I've done over the years.  Most of the concepts have been conjured up by Interior Designer Kristin Drohan, http://www.boulevardinteriordesign.com/, and I simply expanded on the idea and painted the piece.  What will you paint this week? 


The Toy Box






The Doll House


Before


After









The Dresser




The little girl who owns this dresser loves The Little Mermaid, so of course I had to include them!


Jewelry Boxes



Don't be afraid to glue rhinestones or shells to a piece (age appropriate of course, you don't want to create a choking hazard).  I use Liquid Nails - which is a very strong glue.




No comments:

Post a Comment