Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Choo...

Remember the book Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Choo by Dr. Seuss?  It's about a little bug that sneezes and the sneeze starts a chain of events that brings a city to it's knees.  That has been my week!

Bob and I went to an art show at the Reston Town Center last weekend and bought a print.  It's more of an illustration, and not at all what we thought we would look for, but we love it!  The purchase of the print was the sneeze - we love the colors, but it doesn't match anything in our home, so I bought a rug - a bright, contemporary rug, which also doesn't match anything, so I bought another rug for the kitchen dining area, which looks nice with the new family room rug, but now I need to paint my furniture white, and spray paint some accessories to match the new colors....also, now my dining room rug doesn't work...and if I move the sunroom rug to the formal living room, I will need a new sun room rug...YIKES!

I explained to Bob that by buying the print, we actually saved $1500 because we didn't buy the original...he bought that while we were at the art show, after a glass of wine, but now he's realizing that I'm spending it all on making the house work around our new print!  I was ready for a change anyway and this was a great opportunity to make the house more colorful and fun and less "80's", which is what I think of every time I walk into my family room (I won't mention that we moved here after the '80's and could have used a facelift back then).

Photos will come next week.  The print is getting framed and the furniture is being painted.  Two of the rugs are here, but two more will be arriving soon (we hope).  Have a wonderful week everyone - we are off to watch the Nationals baseball game with my boys!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment