Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Time and Taxes!



 
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all of the little things you need to get done?  I'm not talking about the fun, crafty things that you WANT to do, but rather the mundane and incredibly annoying minutae that HAS to be done.  Getting my business receipts, etc. ready for the accountant for taxes is one of my least favorite jobs.  Every year I swear that this time I will turn over a new leaf!  I will save every receipt!  Itemize!  Keep the mileage!  Record!  Record!  Record!  As I go through last year's pile, I can see that once again, I managed to keep my resolution - for about 2 months!   After that, I get lazy, or busy, or get distracted by something shiny and receipts get put into pockets, left in the car or tossed in my studio.  Sigh.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel now, though.  My studio has been cleaned so I could find the receipts,  the office computer has been organized so I can see all of my online purchases, and I've learned how to use my Ipad calendar so I can track appointments better.  A new me?  I guess you'd better check back with me in June to see if I've kept it up!

Now, on to the fun part!  Spring has sprung and Easter is just around the corner!  I am so ready for some pretty colors and flowers, fresh air and sunshine, I want to brighten up the house a little bit!  Really, I don't mind wearing a sweater, but can I please put the parka away??! 
In honor of this being my family's first Easter at home in nearly 10 years, I've been looking at some really cute ways to decorate both the Easter eggs and our home. 



Love this!  Lavender and yellow!



Any fresh flowers will do! 


This would be a cute centerpiece for the table

Simple and sweet - although I can just hear my boys now asking who laid the giant egg!



Don't Celebrate Easter?  How about using some Easter ISLAND decorations!  I think that would be hilarious!
When my boys were young, they loved to Easter egg hunt on Easter morning.  As they got older, though it wasn't as much fun for them and I decided to change it up.  Instead of using Easter eggs, I bought bags of the plastic ones you can fill up with goodies.  In each egg my husband and I put some candy and a note with directions to the next egg.  They had to each follow their own "trail" of eggs until they got to the last one, which was filled with money!  Somehow, a money-filled egg managed to keep the fun going for all of us!  Just a thought!




 These first few ideas came from Pinterest.  If you haven't checked Pinterest out yet - be very careful!  It is addicting!
Pinned Image
Some decorated scrapbook paper and a glue stick should do it!  Use a Sharpie for the eyes.

Zentangle eggs!
Or..use a Sharpie pen to cover the entire thing!  Genius!

fun easter eggs with chalk paint!
How about some chalkboard paint and have the kids draw on them in chalk?

Melted Crayon Eggs
Melted Crayons!

Easter Crafts for Kids
Ohmigosh!  Painted light bulb lambs from BH&G.com!  I would use a different color yarn for the bonnet and maybe add some flowers!

20 Creative & Festive Easter Ideas 
20 Creative & Festive Easter Ideas

 Have a wonderful week everyone!  Try and bring in some color and freshness to your life to celebrate spring!  (even if snow is still in your near future!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment