Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Sunday, March 10, 2013

There's No Business Like Snow Business...


Good morning!  I have been waiting all winter for a decent snowfall and this past week we finally got it!  As my kids have gotten older, we've traded roles - now they have to shovel the driveway and I get to make the snowman!  I thought I'd share some of my past snow people as well as a few others I thought were clever.  

You remember the table skirt from my sister's tropical party last week?  Here it is again as their grass skirts as well as the leis and palm tree!  Her bra top is just a blue scarf of mine.  For their smiles, I strung beads on thread, knotted the ends, then hot glued the ends to two skewers that I pushed into the snow.  His eyes are googly eyes you can buy at a craft store, glued onto buttons, then the button was glued onto two more wood skewers to push into the snow.  I kept the mouths and eyes for future works of art!


This is arguably my favorite snowman I've ever made.  I had no idea just how big I was going to make the fish, but just loved the way he turned out! 
I love using props like this sled!

This one wasn't my favorite, her legs were too big and the proportions not great, but the snow was almost gone and I needed to hurry!  Her top is just green felt (the same felt I made some leaves out of for my sisters tropical party)!



And now a few more that other people have made - so creative!





Have a great week everyone.  I'm excited to show you the project I'm working on now, which I hope will be ready by next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment