Pages

Welcome to The Painted Squirrel!


Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything! - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

Thursday, October 25, 2012

An Unfortunate Bug Problem...and Recipes!




When you first walk into my home, you find yourself standing in a small foyer which opens to the living room and dining room on the left and right.   Directly in front of you are two pillars which hold up the second floor (I think).  A perfect place for my giant spiderweb and spiders.  The smaller spider at the bottom was made by my son in third grade - oh yes, I use everything.  It's that same child who is now over six feet tall and keeps walking into the webbing.  He's complained about it to me, but truthfully, it makes me laugh so hard when he does it that I am not going to change it at all! 




I have a recipe to share - perfect for Halloween and VERY EASY!  It was given to me by a friend of mine named Sandi, who brought it to a party and almost had to pull us off each other as we devoured it!  Seriously, it is light and airy and totally delish!  

Pumpkin Fluff Dip
Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
'Nilla Wafers
Directions
In a large bowl, mix together instant vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.  Serve with 'Nilla Wafers to dip.


The second recipe I am sharing is also from Sandi, but I haven't tried it yet.  I will tell you that when she described it to me, I think I drooled a little so I thought it would be share-worthy..let me know if you try it!

Oreo Balls
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
Make It
MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
***************************Special Extras********************************
Sprinkle cookie balls with additional cookie crumbs.
Seasonal Variations
Snowmen OREO Cookie Balls: Prepare as directed, using BAKER'S White Chocolate, and adding a snowman face to each with decorating gels and frostings. Christmas Tree OREO Cookie Balls: Prepare as directed, using BAKER's White Chocolate, and using decorating frosting to draw Christmas tree designs. Top each with a cinnamon candy.
For Easier Dipping
Use a toothpick to dip the cookie ball into melted chocolate; shake off excess chocolate then place on waxed-paper.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment